Saturday, December 1, 2012

My friend is dying.
I met her 4 years ago when we moved in our home. I can see her front door out my kitchen window. I see her house everytime I look out that window and I think of her and her family. I have watched her go from a healthy, busy, purpose filled life to a hard, heartbreaking sick life - she has nerve cancer in her brain (acoustic neuroma - neurofibrosarcoma schwannoma).
I have watched her loose movement, sight and hearing in the right side of her face. I have watched her take hard news over and over - and then get back up and keep fighting. For her kids she would do anything.
They found the cancer two days after her son was born 18 months ago. After radiation, chemo, and experimental drugs the cancer is still growing.
We walk together, and talk about our lives. Mine is so less crappy than hers but she tells me it's ok, she enjoys our talks.
I have learned so much from her. She is such a great mother, she is still home schooling her kids so she can have time with them. Her children are amazing. All five of them (from 15 to 1) all play instruments, speak two languages and are so polite and well behaved. She has given them such a good start.
She has taught me to play the piano again. She has awakened my passion for music and I will always remember her that way.
I just love her and my heart is breaking. The cancer is growing so fast now. Every day is a precious gift - I wonder if she will see another spring.

1 comment:

Merilee said...

That is so sad!! Your friend sounds amazing and inspiring. It's always interesting to me who God chooses to put through certain trials... its always sad too. It sounds like she was really able to touch your life for the better. How neat.