Thursday, May 8, 2008

Time

I have learned in this life that you can count on one thing, that is, time changes everything. I have been thinking of my own childhood and how simple it was. The excitement of the first day of kindergarten, or the fun I had roller skating with my friends. The anticipation on Christmas Eve waiting for Santa Clause to come, or smelling freshly baked banana bread coming from the kitchen. I remember as a young girl looking at my mothers hands hoping that some day I would be just like her and that my hands would look just like hers. Now as I look at my own hands they remind me of my mothers. I hope that I can be that kind of mother to my own children. I look at my sweet baby and how much time has changed her since I first held her in my arms. I try to breath in every moment with her, memorizing every detail. With every tick of the clock time is changing the world around me, babies grow up, life turns a corner and the moments and the people of the past are gone. When I run into an old friend I have not seen for years, I always hope they are the same person they were when I left them, but they too have been changed by time. I just hope that I can live in every moment that I have been blessed with. I hope I can enjoy every moment with my children and I hope I can really enjoy all of the doing, and not just the getting it done.

No comments: